If you are willing to look at an interaction with someone that hurt, angered, or triggered you in some way, you need to learn to get objective about it. Use it as a lesson. So how is it that you do that?
- Identify the exact things that triggered you about what they said or did (Look for your judgments such as I would never do that, why is this person being so bad to me, how can they think that way, etc.)
- Ask yourself was there ever a time that you judged others for the same thing – especially judgments you don’t think you make anymore or have worked on. Be honest about this.
(Physical Appearance, Men are …, Women are …, parenting, he/she has it all – why don’t I, intelligence, keeping up with the Joneses, comparing yourself to others, competition, thinking others are talking about you, etc. These can be life long faulty beliefs. Beliefs are automatic. They are our defaults and live under the covers without us really realizing they are there and are playing havoc with our lives. They take awareness and practice to override.)
- Soften the perspective that the other person “did” this to you by seeing it as a message to you instead.
- Fill in the blank _______ still triggers me.
- This interaction is a reflection of my trigger points (my vibration meeting theirs)
- Thank you (not out loud ) for pointing it out.
- This message gives me great insight and room for growth. I didn’t see the reflection of me in your actions.
- I have more work to do in this area to soothe the faulty beliefs.
Judgment: Low Vibe
Soothing and Self-Compassion: High Vibe